Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Online Christmas Shopping

Shopping online has obvious conveniences during this time of year as long as you get started early enough for your packages to arrive before Christmas. Recently, I have made several purchases on Amazon.com, which sells or has teamed up with other online retailers to sell almost anything you can imagine.

Shipping costs are the difficult thing to overcome with online shopping, but Amazon.com grants free shipping to customers spending at least $25 on eligible items. I could easily find everything on my family's Christmas list at Amazon.com, but have run into the problem of consolidating the shipping to save some money. Amazon.com should consider using a multiple shopping cart approach. That would allow both my wife and I to purchase gifts for each other without creating multiple accounts. We could also then take everything that was added to all the shopping carts and purchase them all together. I'm sure this could save us some money compared to me buying a few things, then her buying a few things and receiving multiple shipments as a result.

Maybe if some software or web developer out there has the expertise is coding this type of feature into online stores, they should consider creating it and selling it. I'm sure I'm not the only online consumer that runs into this issue so there must be some type of demand for it.

Merry Christmas to all and shop wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment